Types of Birth Control Hormonal methods, including “the pill” that revolutionized birth control, work by preventing female ovulation. Today’s options for hormonal birth control include oral pills, implants, injections, patches, vaginal rings and emergency contraception. All oral contraceptives carry a risk of blood clots. A new man-made hormone (drospirenone) in some contraceptives seems to be associated with elevated risks. Intrauterine birth control, including copper and hormonal IUDs, offers another nearly 100 percent effective option. Your ob/gyn…No Comments
- Health Central welcomes Arminda Callejas, MD
- Forest Park Medical Center, Dr. Alan Greenberg and Halt Medical Collaborate on Breakthrough Therapy for Patients with Uterine Fibroids
- The End of the Yearly Screening Pap Smear
- Happy Father’s Day from Health Central Women’s Care
- What’s your summer sun IQ?