Clark W. Griffith, M.D. – Board Certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
“The latest medical advances have revolutionized women’s health care. It is important to me to combine these innovations with a more personalized approach that centers on the healthy mind, body and spirit of each patient.”
Dr. Clark W. Griffith is one of our area’s leading OB/GYN physicians, blending his extensive medical experience with a depth of compassion and care for women of all ages and stages in life. He has enjoyed a successful clinical practice for 30 years, delivering babies and caring for the health and well-being of women while remaining at the forefront of technological advances in all aspects of obstetrics and gynecology.
Dr. Griffith is described by his patients as calm, confident and competent, and they express feeling at ease, even in high-risk circumstances. His skill as a surgeon, combined with his ability to listen and respond to patients, provides the advantage of receiving excellent care tailored to individual needs.
Although he is trained and experienced in all aspects of obstetrics and gynecology, Dr. Griffith currently specializes in two of his favorite areas of practice:
- He is a specialist in potentially high-risk pregnancies — those dealing with older mothers, more complicated circumstances, infertility, diabetes, high blood pressure, VBAC, and multiple pregnancies. His professionalism, expertise and supportive care ensure that his patients and their new babies have their best experience possible.
- Dr. Griffith was among the first two physicians at Presbyterian Hospital to provide minimally invasive surgery. The laparoscopic hysterectomy is an out-patient procedure that leaves no incision, and allows for a speedy recovery plus early return to normal activities. He also performs the latest, advanced in-office gynecological procedures for fibroids, heavy periods and hormone-free permanent birth control.
Dr. Griffith is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and he served 6 years as Clinical Chair for the Department of OB/GYN at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas. He is co-founder of Health Central Women’s Care at the Margot Perot Center where he is recognized by his professional peers as a respected leader in his field of medicine. As a teaching doctor, Dr. Griffith continues to pass on his interest in the latest medical developments by providing resident and fellow training.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Griffith enjoys tennis, golf and gardening, although most of his leisure time is spent with his family.
Clark W. Griffith, M.D.
- Undergraduate: Southern Methodist University, B.S.; graduated 1970
- Medical School: Creighton University; M.D.; 1970-1974
- Internship: Parkland Memorial Hospital; Dallas, Texas; 07/01/74-06/30/75
- Residency: Parkland Memorial Hospital; Dallas, Texas; 07/01/75-06/30/78
HOSPITAL STAFF MEMBERSHIPS:
- Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas
- Clinical Chairman Dept. of Ob-Gyn Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas: 2003 – 2009
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1981
- Fellow, American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Texas Medical Association
- American Medical Association
See Patient Testimonials for Dr. Griffith
Dr. Griffith is the best! He understands his patients, listens with his heart, and genuinely cares about them. He is patient and thorough.
★★★★★ Best all around in Dallas
I completely trust his medical judgment especially in the operating room. He is one of the most skillful of surgeons anywhere. I attribute saving my life to him and though his title is Ob/Gyn, I will always consider him my primary care physician.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE DR. G!!!!!!
VITALS Comments| Jun 16, 2010
Reviewer: Tammy Dickson
I went through a very high risk 3rd pregnancy. During my 2nd pregnancy, my son had a stroke during my pregnancy, due to a blood clotting disorder that I have (not under care of Dr. G). I was extremely scared during my pregnancy, and Dr. Griffith was ABSOLUTELY wonderful during the entire pregnancy. He made me feel like I was his only patient. My baby girl was healthy during the pregnancy and after due to the care that Dr. Griffith took with us. He knew exactly what to do to prevent her from having the same issues that my son did, and there are no words to thank him for the loving care that he showed us during this stressful and frightening time of my life. I am more than grateful and would recommend him highly to anyone!!!!!!