A. Jay Staub, M.D. – Board Certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
A native of Dallas, Dr. Jay Staub has been in practice since 1983, delivering personal health- care for women at the Margot Perot Center at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas. Following his graduation from the University of Pennsylvania, he attended the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and received his medical degree in 1979. He completed his residency training at St. Paul Hospital in Dallas. He is Board Certified and a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
A Clinical Professor in the department of Ob/Gyn at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dr. Staub is actively involved in teaching medical students and residents. His practice specializes in a spectrum of women’s care – general OB/GYN, infertility routine and high-risk prenatal care, gynecologic surgery, minimally invasive procedures such as Single-Site Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, and menopause. He is one of the few gynecologists in the area that performed MRI guided focused ultrasound non-invasive treatment for uterine fibroids.
Dr. Staub was selected as one of “The Best Doctors in Dallas” by D Magazine in 2004-2009, 2013-16, and again in 2020, as well as a “Texas Super Doctor” by Texas Monthly in 2004, 2005 and for ten consecutive years in 2011-20. He was also picked by his patients to be a “Mom-Approved Doc” by Dallas Child in 2012-16. In addition, Dr. Staub was elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 2009 to 2010. He and his wife, Lynn are the proud parents of four children and twelve grandchildren. He enjoys golfing, snow skiing and other outdoor activities during his leisure time.
- Undergraduate: University of Pennsylvania; B.A.; graduated Magna Cum Laude 1975
- Medical School: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center; M.D.; 1975-1979
- Internship: St. Paul Medical Center of Dallas; 7/1/79-6/30/80
- Residency: St. Paul Medical Center of Dallas; 7/1/80-6/30/83
- Chairman, 1996 and 1998: Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Baylor Richardson Medical Center, Richardson, Texas
- Clinical Professor, 1997 to Present: Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
- Clinical Associate Professor, 1992 to 1997: Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
- Clinical Assistant Professor, 1990 to 1992: Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
- Clinical Instructor, 1983 to 1990: Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
- Teaching Assistant-Faculty, 1979 to 1983: Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
HOSPITAL STAFF MEMBERSHIPS:
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
- Texas Health Women’s Specialty Surgery Center
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1985
- Fellow, American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- American Fertility Society
- American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopists
- American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Women’s Health With Dr. Staub – As World Health Organization changes guidance on pregnant women and COVID-19 vaccines, experts weigh in
American Heart Association encourages stroke exams for women
Deployed soldier present for birth of son in Dallas through technology
Dr. Staub discusses laparoscopic hysterectomy on WFAA’s Good Morning Texas
Dr. Jay Staub – Thousands of birth control pills recalled – wfaa.com Dallas – Fort Worth
Women’s Health With Dr. Staub – Hormone Therapy and Mona Lisa
See Patient Testimonials for Dr. Staub
VERY PROFESSIONAL & CARING
VITALS | Nov 28, 2010
I have known Dr Staub since 1983. He is very professional and caring. He took very good care of me during my difficult times during 2 childbirths & later for other medical problems. He does like for patients to follow his instructions involving their care. He is direct and professional when speaking about patient’s health. His nurse, Rhonda is wonderful & professional. I recommend anyone looking for a professional & caring doctor call Dr. Staub. I trust him now as I age and before during my childbearing years. Please make appt to discuss your needs with him when looking for physician.
LONG TIME PATIENT..I LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM..
May 24, 2010 | Reviewer: J.L.V
Dr. Staub has been my Ob/Gyn for many years now from my first child to the third. I had some issues with PCOS and if it wasn’t for him I would not have the beautiful girls that I have! He is excellent! His nurse, Rhonda, is AMAZING. He has a real personality and although you might not want to hear it, he doesn’t ‘sugar coat’ anything. Don’t get me wrong, he is professional with a capital P..but I would recommend ANYONE to use him. Hopefully he is around when my girls are grown up..they will use him too! I never have to wait long for an apt., the office staff is great, the condition of the building/rooms are great, he really puts a lot of care into his patients. I have read one bad review about “minimizing” the procedure. He works off of common sense..I have had to have a lot of things done by him (or another Dr. in the clinic) and I love them all!