Dr van Deventer understands the vital roles that women play in their families, communities, and workplaces. She strives to establish long-lasting partnerships with her patients to provide compassionate and comprehensive care throughout the various stages of life. Although she is enthusiastic about all aspects of women’s healthcare including routine and high-risk obstetrical care, women’s preventative care, patient education, menopause and contraceptive counselling, she has special interest in minimally invasive gynecological surgery.
Dr. van Deventer was born in Johannesburg, South Africa, graduated cum laude from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Neuroscience, and completed her medical education at Midwestern University in Phoenix, Arizona. She received her specialty training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Methodist Dallas Medical Center where she served as Chief Resident during her final year. She received numerous awards including the Recognition of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology Laparoscopic Award, Outstanding Resident Award and Don G. Harrel Lectureship Resident Research Award. While in residency she served a medical mission to Guatemala.
She currently lives in Frisco with her husband, and son. She enjoys any DIY project, exercising, traveling and visiting with friends and family in her time away from the office.
- Date of Birth: March 1988
- Grew up in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Texan since 2016
- Specialty: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Undergraduate: Brigham Young University, Provo, UT; Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience; Graduated 2011
- Medical School: Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, Phoenix AZ; Graduated 2016
- Internship/Residency: Methodist Dallas Medical Center, TX; 07/01/2016– 06/30/2020
HOSPITAL STAFF MEMBERSHIPS:
- Centennial Medical Center – Frisco
- Medical City Frisco
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American Medical Association