P. Clay Alexander, M.D.
Dr. Clay Alexander is a graduate of Southern Methodist University. He completed his medical degree at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston and his specialty training in obstetrics and gynecology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. He has been in practice since 1987, initially in Richardson, with relocation to Frisco in 2004. Other accomplishments include serving a 6-year term on the Governing Board at Centennial Medical Center from 2004-2010. He served as the 2011 Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Centennial Medical Center. Dr. Alexander had the distinction of serving as President of the Medical Staff at Richardson Regional Medical Center in 1995 and has also served as Chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Richardson Regional, Chair of the Peer Review committee, and Chair of the Privileges and Credentials Committee. He and his wife Lisa have raised two children. Family vacations and leisure time usually involve beach activities, sporting events, golf, fishing, or snow skiing.
- Date of Birth: March 29, 1956
- Place of Birth: Nashville, TN
- Specialty: Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility
- Undergraduate: Southern Methodist University; B.S.; graduated 1978
- Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston; M.D.; 1979-1983
- Internship: Vanderbilt University; 7/1/83-6/30/84
- Residency: Vanderbilt University; 7/1/84-6/30/87
HOSPITAL STAFF MEMBERSHIPS:
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Centennial
- Medical City Frisco
- Centennial Surgery Center
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1990; re-certified 2000 & 2010
- Fellow, American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Texas Medical Association
- American Medical Association
See Patient Testimonials for Dr. Alexander
★★★★★ Dr Alexander delivered my first daughter.
Insider Pages| amanda r. | Insider Guru
He and his staff were wonderfully informative and caring during my pregnancy. They answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable. They were always prompt to return my calls and call me with test results. Dr Alexander scheduled an induction for me when necessary. He was encouraging and helpful during the delivery and did a wonderful job. He checked up on my often post pardum and did a followup exam at 6 weeks. I hightly recommend him and his staff, esspecially for first time mothers.
DR ALEXANDER IS THE BEST
Vitals | Reviewer: Caroline
I will definitely recommend Dr Alexander to alll my friends, family and co-workers as a matter of fact I have recommended to a lot of friends that changed to him already. We all do not have any complaint about him he is a very caring and wonderful doctor.