Rena Griffin, R.N.C., W.H.N.P. – BC
Rena, has been a nurse for almost 35 years. She hails originally from Colorado where she attended the University of Northern Colorado. She has been with Health Central Women’s Care since 2000, taking a brief hiatus to attend the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School where she obtained her nurse practitioner’s certification in 2002. Rena teaches childbirth classes for Health Central as well as diabetes education. She was one of the founding members of Homeland Security as a volunteer for the U.S.
Coast Guard Auxiliary. She is a forensic nurse having been educated by the Office of the Attorney General by the State of Texas. Her passions are her four dogs and volunteerism within the community. She currently is a volunteer for the Medical Reserve Corp in Collin County and the Collin County Sheriff’s Office. She is active in her church and ministers to bereaved moms. She is a proud mother and grandmother to two active teenagers.
- Date of Birth: October 9, 1953
- Place of Birth: Denver, Colorado
- Specialty: Women’s Health
- University of Northern Colorado 1976
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School- Nurse Practitioner 2002
- National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric,
- Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties 2002
- Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health
- International Association in Forensic Nurses